Here are my thoughts and Power Rankings following Week 1 in the NFL…
1. Green Bay Packers- I feel even more confident about them repeating as Super Bowl champs.
2. Baltimore Ravens- They showed they could absolutely dominate their biggest rival. They are in for a big season.
3. New England Patriots- Tom Brady showed how amazing he still is, if people may have forgotten.
4. New York Jets- They pulled out a crazy win over Dallas, but that’s what they do. They WIN!
5. Philadelphia Eagles- I thought they might have slipped in Week 1 because of all the hype, but they are going to be an elite team all year… Continue reading
Oakland Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell led his team to a 23-20 victory on Monday night against the Denver Broncos.
Larry Campbell sighs wistfully and daydreams for a moment.
His son, Jason Campbell, has been a star quarterback for much of his life. He took his high school team to the state semifinals and produced a 13-0 season at Auburn in 2004 when he was the SEC Player of the Year and MVP in the SEC title game. He is now a multimillionaire in the NFL. Yet Larry still wonders… Continue reading
“Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.” Colossians 2:16-17 Continue reading
Each week, Sports Spectrum staff writers Aaron May, Bryce Johnson, Stephen Copeland, Managing Editor Brett Honeycutt and Vice President of U.S. Sports Ryan DiNunzio will make their NFL picks. Email your weekly picks to firstname.lastname@example.org and compete against our staff for a chance to win SS prizes… Continue reading
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations . . .” Matthew 28:19 Continue reading
This year on SportsSpectrum.com I will be ranking the contenders to the BCS title in college football. Each week I will count down the top ten contenders to the title and as the weeks progress, we will whittle it down to fewer and fewer teams. Here are my rankings after Week 1… Continue reading
Get ready for the first week of the NFL season by checking out our 2011 NFL Capsules. Read up on each division, team, and check out our encouraging quotes from Christians in the NFL. Sports Spectrum staff member Bryce Johnson provided his insight for the AFC, and Sports Spectrum Editor-in-Chief Brett Honeycutt gave his opinions about the NFC… Continue reading
Webb Simpson shot a six-under-par 65 for a 15-under-par 269 to win the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday. The victory was his second win in three weeks.
“I’m a big believer in prayer…” PGA rookie Webb Simpson told the largest room of reporters and television cameras he had ever faced in his young career. He had just earned his way into the national spotlight with a three-under 68 that placed him at the top of the leaderboard on the second day of the first FedEx Cup tournament of 2009. He would go on to finish eighth in a field that had some of the best and far more experienced players in golf… Continue reading
Who is the top NFL team? Each week here on SportsSpectrum.com, we will take a look at the NFL landscape and rank all of the teams. For the preseason, the defending NFL champions from Green Bay get the top spot… Continue reading
The NFL season is just getting underway and with that comes fantasy football! Here are 10 quick fantasy football predictions from our own fantasy guru, Bryce Johnson…
1. Matt Ryan will be the sixth best fantasy quarterback this year. He has so many weapons to build on from last year’s success and the Falcons will put a bigger emphasis on the passing game this season, too.
2. Mark Ingram will live up to the hype this season and be the most productive rookie… Continue reading