Week 6 Recap:
Most Impressive Performance: Ahmad Bradshaw had three rushing touchdowns and over 100 yards rushing against Buffalo. The goal line carries usually go to Brandon Jacobs, but since he was out on Sunday, Bradshaw was the beneficiary, and so was your fantasy team if you own him.
Pleasant surprise: It’s amazing that anyone kicks or punts to Devin Hester. When the ball is in his hands, he’s one of the most dangerous players on the field. On Sunday night he had two touchdowns, one receiving and one returning, to go along with 91 receiving yards. I doubt many fantasy owners started him, but if you did you were rewarded big time… Continue reading
1. Green Bay Packers- Aaron Rodgers puts on a show every week. It’s not unrealistic to wonder if they can go undefeated.
2. Detroit Lions- They probably should have held on to the lead against the 49ers, but one loss may be beneficial for them. They were starting to get a lot of attention, and this loss can be a mini wake up call.
3. New Orleans Saints- Drew Brees has been such a clutch quarterback in New Orleans, but he was the opposite of that down the stretch against the Bucs. No need to panic, but it was surprising.
4. Buffalo Bills- Ryan Fitzpatrick took the blame for the loss to the Giants… Continue reading
1. Green Bay Packers- The Packers aren’t blowing teams out by any means, but they will soon. We’ve only seen a hint of their dominance.
2. Detroit Lions- In a nationally televised game, the Lions proved to the entire country that they’re the real deal and that they’re here to stay. Sure, the Bears aren’t an elite team, but the Lions took care of them and showcased their well-roundedness on both sides of the ball.
3. New Orleans Saints- They had a tight game against the Panthers, but the Saints can count on Drew Brees to get the job done. Jimmy Graham is becoming a top tight end as well… Continue reading
1. The NFL does a great job bringing awareness to breast cancer. For a league that is so concerned about the uniform code, they allow great pink integration. But in all seriousness, we all know someone that has been affected, and it’s important to continue to fight against it.
2. When I heard the news that Tim Tebow was coming in to save the day, I got excited. He put together a nice comeback and provided Broncos fans with hope. Even though they came a bit short, Tebow got me off my couch and on my feet in anticipation of an epic finish. I truly believe that Sunday was the start to something special in Denver. Move over, Kyle Orton. It’s Tebow Time! Continue reading
Most Impressive Performance: Wes Welker had a monster day that will be tough to beat by anyone this year. His stat line was: 16 receptions for 217 yards and two touchdowns. He single handily won fantasy matchups for owners.
Bandwagon Riding: Torrey Smith (WR) made a splash on Sunday for the Ravens. The rookie scored three touchdowns, and I think he will continue to be a deep threat all year long for Joe Flacco. He is a great compliment to Anquan Boldin.
Bandwagon Jumping: Mike Tolbert is losing carries and potential impact in the Chargers offense. He looked really strong the first week, but now Ryan Matthews is the running back you want to own in San Diego. Continue reading
1. Green Bay Packers- I continue to count on them and they continue to deliver. There might be a different star each week (Finley this week), but as long as Aaron Rodgers is back there…they are the team to beat.
2. Detroit Lions- Even when they struggle early, they find a way to win. They can score quick and often when they have to. I know they have more wins than some teams I have ranked higher and that’s because I’m being cautiously optimistic.
3. Buffalo Bills- They can now be taken seriously after beating the Patriots. They are a really fun team to watch and cheer for. Their team really seems to be on the same page. I loved seeing the Bills pull this out after another great comeback. How can you not like this team? Continue reading
Most Impressive Performance: Tony Romo (Cowboys) played with a punctured lung and missed part of the game, yet he still put up 345 passing yards and two touchdowns. This might be the performance that sends the Cowboys season in a really great direction. Look for Romo and wide receiver Dez Bryant to have a really good year when they both are fully healthy. Miles Austin had a big game on Sunday, but I like Dez Bryant better moving forward.
Bandwagon Riding: Denarius Moore (Raiders) got tons of attention during the summer for his strong play in camp and on Sunday he had his first breakout game with 146 receiving yards. He is a rookie wide receiver whose bandwagon I have hopped on… Continue reading
Week One Recap:
Most impressive performance: Tom Brady was clearly the most dominant fantasy performer in Week 1, but I was also really impressed with Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills. Fitzpatrick threw four touchdowns against the Chiefs.
Convinced strong performance will continue: LeSean McCoy (Eagles) rushed for 122 yards and a touchdown, along with a receiving touchdown… Continue reading
Here are my thoughts and Power Rankings following Week 1 in the NFL…
1. Green Bay Packers- I feel even more confident about them repeating as Super Bowl champs.
2. Baltimore Ravens- They showed they could absolutely dominate their biggest rival. They are in for a big season.
3. New England Patriots- Tom Brady showed how amazing he still is, if people may have forgotten.
4. New York Jets- They pulled out a crazy win over Dallas, but that’s what they do. They WIN!
5. Philadelphia Eagles- I thought they might have slipped in Week 1 because of all the hype, but they are going to be an elite team all year… Continue reading