Most Impressive Performance: Ahmad Bradshaw had three rushing touchdowns and over 100 yards rushing against Buffalo. The goal line carries usually go to Brandon Jacobs, but since he was out on Sunday, Bradshaw was the beneficiary, and so was your fantasy team if you own him.
Pleasant surprise: It’s amazing that anyone kicks or punts to Devin Hester. When the ball is in his hands, he’s one of the most dangerous players on the field. On Sunday night he had two touchdowns, one receiving and one returning, to go along with 91 receiving yards. I doubt many fantasy owners started him, but if you did you were rewarded big time… Continue reading →
1. Green Bay Packers- The Packers aren’t blowing teams out by any means, but they will soon. We’ve only seen a hint of their dominance.
2. Detroit Lions- In a nationally televised game, the Lions proved to the entire country that they’re the real deal and that they’re here to stay. Sure, the Bears aren’t an elite team, but the Lions took care of them and showcased their well-roundedness on both sides of the ball.
3. New Orleans Saints- They had a tight game against the Panthers, but the Saints can count on Drew Brees to get the job done. Jimmy Graham is becoming a top tight end as well… Continue reading →
1. The NFL does a great job bringing awareness to breast cancer. For a league that is so concerned about the uniform code, they allow great pink integration. But in all seriousness, we all know someone that has been affected, and it’s important to continue to fight against it.
2. When I heard the news that Tim Tebow was coming in to save the day, I got excited. He put together a nice comeback and provided Broncos fans with hope. Even though they came a bit short, Tebow got me off my couch and on my feet in anticipation of an epic finish. I truly believe that Sunday was the start to something special in Denver. Move over, Kyle Orton. It’s Tebow Time! Continue reading →
Most Impressive Performance: Wes Welker had a monster day that will be tough to beat by anyone this year. His stat line was: 16 receptions for 217 yards and two touchdowns. He single handily won fantasy matchups for owners.
Bandwagon Riding: Torrey Smith (WR) made a splash on Sunday for the Ravens. The rookie scored three touchdowns, and I think he will continue to be a deep threat all year long for Joe Flacco. He is a great compliment to Anquan Boldin.
Bandwagon Jumping: Mike Tolbert is losing carries and potential impact in the Chargers offense. He looked really strong the first week, but now Ryan Matthews is the running back you want to own in San Diego. Continue reading →
Sports Spectrum magazine seeks to highlight Christian athletes of all sports and levels to help motivate, encourage
and inspire people in their faith through the exciting and challenging world of sports.